Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Since High School Graduation

Seeing how I did a post of my high school years, I thought for my own Journaling purposes I should maybe give a brief synopsis of what I have been up to since graduation up to where I am today...as brief as possible. I've created collages to kind of give a visual, plus pictures can tell stories better than my words. I'm inevitably going to leave stuff out, but here are a few that have stuck out in my mind...here it goes: (P.S- I'm only allowed to upload 4 pictures per post so there is going to be more than one post pertaining to this topic (8 parts to be exact) so this first post is just the beginning...keep on scrolling down- if you even care!)
For starters, I furthered my education down at BYU Provo where I studied School Health Education (secondary Ed) with a minor in Drivers Ed (biggest whip-lash and scariest moments of my life were driving with some of those students...watch out semis!) I got to do my student teaching at American Fork Jr. High and LOVED my experience there. I had some of the best students and loved that age group, much to my surprise. I always thought I would like High School better. I survived the experience and graduated from there in the winter of 2007. I made good friends in the program, and gained myself a "Godfather," or so he calls himself (the bearded man in the collage, Paul Coon-greatest professor ever! We even still keep in touch, I love it! I actually just got a letter from him this week)

**For all the collages, if you click on them they will zoom in so you can see them better**

I simultaneously went to Hair school while enrolled at BYU. I went to Dallas Roberts Academy of Hair Design. I loved my time there and have made many lasting friendships from there. The single pictures of me with a flower in my hair was a photo shoot we had at the school-my friend needed a hair model and I suckered into letting her. She did a good job.

I've been lucky enough to go to one of my favorite places on Earth during the summers...LAKE POWELL. I love everything about that place, and take every chance I can get to be wake boarding!
I'm huge into water sports and summer-type sports, but have never really experienced the snow-type sports. I was finally introduced to skiing, and I LOVED it, probably because I had the best instructor of all times. I went with my friend from hair school, Cara Harris, and her husband, Aaron, and Cara's brother, Patrick Hendrix (who she had set me up with the day before...you may want to keep Patrick's name in mind for later. P.S.- He was my instructor that entire day). My sister and I are hoping to learn how to snowboard this year, so we'll see what happens.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Um, chello...you need pics of me asap! sadly, I can't find any on my comp either. ANd ps I want you to marry patrick. I was hoping the last entry would be, "and me and my hottie are getting hitched!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I need pics asap! That's why I asked if you had any of them, cause mine have disappeared! If you look closely you are in one of the collages in the top right corner. I like your thinkin' on the whole gettin' hitched thing, ha ha :) Thanks for bein supportive!

    ReplyDelete