Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Eve

I can't believe another year has gone by. It's ridiculous when you are talking with people and say, "that was 15 years ago" and you actually REMEMBER clear back 15+ years!

Anyway, for New Years Eve this year my friend, Cara, invited me to come to her celebration. She made quite the feast, so of course I was automatically in heaven. It was her first attempt at making a turkey and she passed with flying colors.

After we all ate we played a few different games like Uno, True Colors, then a tournament of Speed Uno until 3:30am while staying awake with the help of soda, candy, and chips (and every dip imaginable to go with it...I think I ate a whole bag myself!). When it came to the games- don't worry, I lost the tournament...what a waste of sleep eh? JK, it was a lot of fun and the time flew by. As for True Colors- I don't think I won many of the majority votes for the questions. There were a few though, one being if someone were to go to a high fashion party I was chosen as the person they would come to for advice...apparently the crowd I was playing with doesn't see me on a daily basis! And if I were to give someone a compliment I was the one person they would believe. I can't really remember the others, but some of the questions were kinda funny. Don't worry, nobody got offended so it was a success.

I took a few pictures but somehow most of them got deleted. I was able to save a few from my cell phone I took. This cute little girl is Cara's daughter. We've become good little friends and she is just so cute. Once I walked in the door she was standing right by my side as I sat in the chair so she could show me her game. Then when she was finished with her game she continued to stand by me and chat away, these pictures give you an idea of what she kept doing (showing me she could climb up on the arm-rest and smile. I took one picture, then she kept posing and telling me to take another. Oh the good old days when you liked having a camera in your face).




All-in-all it was a fun night. Thanks again Cara for putting that party all together! I hope this new year treats everyone well. Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment