Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Part IV since graduation...

It looks like I've been going places in 3's. Since I graduated I've been to California three different times. The first time was with Cara and some other friends from Hair school. We went to a hair show in Anaheim. I ended up being a hair model twice- and got paid to do one of them. I can't find the pictures of the initial hair cut. But to get a picture of what if looked like, think of Shania Twain in the 80's...I was seriously sportin' a mullet! My sister was living in Navoo at the time and when I sent her a picture she said she literally fell out of her chair laughing because she couldn't believe that I REALLY had a mullet. I ended up having to cut off ten inches just to kind of blend how horrible it looked. Good laughs. After the hair show we made it to Disneyland to let out the inner child in us. It was a great bonding experience with Cara to give us a lot of time talking in lines and just playing around. I have great memories from that trip.

The second trip to California was with my friend/roommate, Melanie. It was a relaxing weekend of going to the beach, shoping, eating, and spending time with her family.

The third trip was with my family. It was our last summer together before my brother left for a mission. We spent some time in Vegas first, and stayed at Mandalay Bay. Then we went to Disneyland as well as the California Adventure theme park. My dad and I were surprisingly the ones that could handle the most rides. I hadn't laughed so hard in a while until this trip...thanks to mostly my brother, Steve.

I've been able to bust out a few Aliases (I always wanted to be Sidney Bristow...not just because of Michael Vartan, but for many reasons!). Our family always puts on a "Theme" party around Christmas, and people dress according to teh theme. Also, there have been a few Halloween costumes. I don't have pictures for all, but I had to make sure you saw me as a black woman- Lafawnduh to be exact (from Napolean Dynamite if you didn't know...but you should!). There are also pictures when I colored a panel of my bangs for the first time. Ilet my co-workers do it on a slow day at work,, we chose "Fire Rocket Red." It was a nice change since I can't do much with my hair color.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment