Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Guest Annual THEME PARTY



(more pics below)

Every year our family puts together a Theme Party. It's usually the week after Christmas so people can make it from traveling to other family members (I just finally loaded the pictures so sorry for the delay). We have been doing this for years and have had quite the themes. We've done themes like German, Mexican, Hawaiian, Western, Sponge Bob, Mardi Gras, Rock Band, and others I just can't think of right now. We come up with the ideas and then let our family know what the theme is so they can dress accordingly. Last year's Rock Band theme was one of my favorites because a lot of people got into it. We also eat foods according to theme, and we decorate the house to go with it as well.

This year was a Pajama Party theme. We decorated the tables with different cartoons (cause every kid always wakes up in the morning for their cartoons!). We had a table for the boys with the Superhero Squad, we even got masks and the old-school army guys and helicopters to put as table toppers. We had a table for the little girls with all the Disney Princesses, which was topped with princess necklaces and rings. The other table was for the younger kids who like Whinney the Pooh (I personally can't stand that bear...seriously, he teaches kids to steal. Stealing honey is NOT ok! Dumb bear! :) ok I don't care so much about that, but he still bugs me- and sounds gay like he has a crush on Christopher Robin).

Everyone came in their PJ's and we ate breakfast-type foods like quiche, pancakes, swedish pancakes, grandma's famous rice pudding, fruit salads, cinnamon rolls, muffins, doughnuts, etc. It was quite a feast, and quite a mad-house. There were so many people and kids running around (and not every family even made it!). It was a lot of fun and I got to see some of my cousins I haven't seen in a while.

After we ate we had the traditional White Elephant gift exchange. People brought some creative ones this year. It was funny how into it the kids got. I got some Mickey Mouse binochulars, and my cousin was coveting them so bad. Needless to say I came out of the party empty handed, and a boy left with a huge smile on his face. I think I instantly became his favorite cousin. Hey, if that's all it takes I will do it! :) Anyway, these pictures are just a few of what I have, and they are kind of small but maybe you can get an idea of how the decorations and PJ's turned out this year.

(P.S.- Look for a little girl holding a doll with a Spider Man mask on and her side-kick Hulk pushing a stroller...I saw that and busted out laughing. It was so flippin funny. By far my favorite picture of the night. Oh, and if you are wondering- YES, you better believe I'm wearing a onesie!!!)







1 comment:

  1. what a fun idea I really like the pajamas what a comfy way to party...

    ReplyDelete