Shortly after, Cara and I had to go back to school, but as we were heading out Patrick came out (with a Root Beer float in his hand...love the details I remember? Jeez I'm lame!) He asked if he could come get a haircut before he left. So he came along with us back to school where Cara cut his hair. Cara had me stay with her and keep them company as she was cutting. After he left, Cara asked if she could give him my phone number and email address. I agreed and she said, "Good, cause I already did." I'm telling you, Cara is one determined gal. She did say he was the one that asked for it, but you never know (but later Patrick did say that asking for a haircut was just an excuse to talk to me, so I'd like to think so). Anyway, more of that story is to come, for now let me go back to Cara and Patrick's family.
I did everything with Cara, and she happened to be living in her mother's basement at the time (which meant she was upstairs a lot too-which means I was at her mom's a lot). I got to know her family really well, including her mom, siblings, and in-laws. Cara's mom, Clyda (aka Nana), became my mother away from home. I look up to her so much and can't even begin to express the admiration and love I have for that woman. I will always see her as my "other" mom. I equally love the rest of their large family (there are over 14 siblings combined...you better believe it was hard learning all of the names and who belongs to who! It was so worth it though). I have become so close to so many of them, and truly consider them my own brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews and family. Here are some pictures of my other family (Hendrix and Thurman clan, aka- The "Thurmix" family). The first two collages are of the siblings, then there is a collage for the nephews and for the nieces.





wow, seeing how young Robyn and Olivia are in some of those pics with you makes me realize how long you have been around! Thanks for saying such nice things about us. You are loved in return
ReplyDelete