Let me pick up where I left off earlier about Cara giving Patrick my number and email address. After that encounter we kind of became pen-pals via email. We did the typical get to know you questions back and forth for awhile. It wasn't until he came back to Utah for Christmas that we went on our first date. Since I'm trying to make this as short as possible, I will spare you all the details (unless you want details, you will have to comment your questions. Ha ha). Our first official date went really well. I had planned on going straight home to Farmington that night after the date, or early the next morning since BYU's break had started for the holidays. However, at the end of the date he walked me to my car and told me he wanted to take me skiing the next day since I never had been. After a little persuading I agreed to go. We went with Cara and her husband, Aaron. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had with him on that date. He basically skied backwards all day with me. It was nice because I didn't have to have an excuse for staring at him:). Plus on the ski lifts we were able to talk some more. Needless to say our second date was even more of a success than our first, and so it was after this date that our long distance relationship pretty much began...
Patrick eventually moved up to Utah, where we enjoyed the next 4 amazing years together. (WARNING...this next paragraph may get mush. You can't say I didn't warn you! For me, this RARELY happens) I can honestly and sincerely say I don't know what I would have done or how I would have survived those 4 years without him. I feel I have grown in many different aspects of my life solely from his influence, support, love, and unwavering faith in me as a person. He had a way of taking the weight of the world off my shoulders and was such a strength and anchor for me that I needed. He knows me so well, and I've never known someone to such an extent as I know him. Before meeting Patrick, I was like Snow White-sleeping through life, and he was the kiss to wake me up to a brighter, happier one. Once he came into my life, it felt like my life had meaning. He is my best friend and confidant. I have such unconditional love for that boy it is ridiculous.
ANYWAY...that was quite a tangent. He just moved back to Arizona for a new school semester, where tuition is cheaper. Talking to him long distance takes me back to the good old days when we first met, and feels kind of natural. I still miss being able to feel his hugs, see his calming smile, and gaze in incredibly blue eyes (check out the pictures if you don't believe me:) ). Although it is hard, I wish him all the best at the new school and in the new school year.
These pics are just a few events that we experienced together that was actually captured on film:


(You are probably wondering why there's a random picture of just me on the phone. My roommate snapped that while I was talking to Patrick and showed me and said, "You are always beaming when you talk to him." Guess he had that effect on me :) And for the random rose drawing, he asked me to draw him something and he had mentioned before that he wouldn't mind receiving flowers, so that was my attempt to give him a flower)



No comments:
Post a Comment