Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Eventful Wedding...to say the least

Yesterday my cousin got married, and guess who got to watch these two little girls in the picture above? You guessed it, the unendowed one! These are my cousin's two daughters, and they are way cute. The younger of the two walked up to me and came into my arms without any coaxing involved (this was a shock because I've only seen her a few times in her whole life). They were both very quiet, well-mannered girls yet they still taught me what mothers go through all day. I can't imagine what a "terror-child" would be like for me if these two were giving me heart burn enough...I'd be self-medicating that's for sure! I was in charge of getting their hair done as well (try getting an elastic in when they are constantly moving!), and after I put all this time and effort into making them so cute (I'm kind of a perfectionist- I can't help it), they rolled on the couches in the waiting room and messed it all up leaving all sorts of static going on. I've never seen children eat gold fish and graham crackers as fast as they did either, you would have thought they had been starved for weeks. I've never been so grateful for books either (and those of you who know me, you know reading isn't the first thing I would choose to do in my spare time! Thank you Dr. Seuss!) Needless to say, I was again reminded of the work mothers put forth for their children and had a renewed respect for them all.

Anyway, there was huge FLOODING going on in the temple as well. We first got there and the floors were soaked with a good inch of water, and more streaming down. It was on the second floor and gushing down below. When maintenance opened one door it looked like a waterfall streaming down the class windows. I felt so bad, but they were doing a good job at keeping it localized. But as I was sitting on a bench with the girls (who had covered their head's because they thought it was "raining inside" when it started dripping through the ceiling as well) I turned my head to see...ELDER HOLLAND!!!He was about 8 feet away from where we were sitting, the closest I've ever been. Not that I have favorites, but I always look forward to his talks at Conference and am never disappointed. He was talking with a few men and kept a smile on his face the whole time. He just beamed even though there was a crisis with all sorts of noise from vacuums and all sorts of other commotion...man, what would it be like to be such a perfect example all the time? Needless to say it was quite an eventful morning!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it awesome to be so close to men like that. Working in the SL clinic I had to opportunity to meet President's Hinckley and Monson and a few others and I must say, they do have this light about them all the time. What a neat feeling. That stinks about the temple. Hopefully it's all fixed by now :)

    ReplyDelete