Thursday, July 1, 2010

TWIGHLIGHT (Eclipse) ACTION!

That's right, you read it correctly- I went to the midnight showing of Twighlight. I'm sure you are in shock. I know I have NEVER been a fan of reading, but I acutally did read all the books (minus a bit of skimming on the second book- you can only read "I have a whole in my stomach from missing Edward" so many times) after my sister, Stacy, kept telling me I "had to." I've gone to the previous Twighlights with Cara so it is kind of tradition. Cara is a HUGE fan and so is her sister, Meg.

Meg was the first to go sit in line (she got there around 1:00 in the afternoon!) so we could get good seats together. Shortly after, Kevin went to keep her company- such a nice brother! He wasn't even there to see the movie, but stuck it out till they let us in the theater. Cara and I didn't get there till around 7:00, so it was still quite a while of sitting and waiting. The time actually went by really fast! It was fun to sit and visit, and we obviously played around with the camera a lot- simple entertainment.

(Cara, Meg, & I trying to show as much excitement as the "youngin's" around us)



(After a few hours we had to switch things up to keep us entertained and awake, not the most flattering faces...)


(These next ones below, Meg was trying to show us how to do "Vampire" faces. She apparently has been practicing a long time- She is the biggest fan that I now of)


My camera died before the rest of the clan came (guess we had a little too much fun and time on our hands) so nothing personal to those who aren't documented.

SO...funny story about this whole experience. When we were finally let into the theater we were looking for seats. They wanted the back row so we wouldn't have to deal with abnoxious people behind us (like what happened before). On the back row there were already about 7 girls that looked like they were around the age of 12. Kylee brought up small talk with them and jokingly asked them if they were going to talk during the whole movie, and basically left it at that. Well a few minutes later the mother comes over to me and Cara (we ended up sitting closest to these girls) and asked if we were the ones who asked her girls if they were going to talk the entire movie. Cara only caught the very end of her question and said, "What?" and before we could say anything else this mother started to rip on us saying, "that is so rude of you guys to ask that, how dare you?! These girls have been getting all sorts of crap all day about it being here and have been here since one o'clock. They are huge fans and are going to watch the movie just fine." At this point we were kind of in shock that this woman was going off like she was. So Cara tried to be as nice as possible back to her saying, "I know we are all a little strung up from waiting so long, and we were just asking because last time we had girls-OLDER than your girls, who were loud the whole time and if your girls would have said "Yes" we would have just chosen a different spot, but we were joking and not being serious. Sorry if we offended any of you." But this mother WOULD NOT drop it. She started going off again about how rude we were and told us her girls had read all of the books then asked if we had. When Cara said she had multiple times the woman said, "Even the small book that came out?"....OK Lady, if you are wanting the award for "biggest fan" you win! Then she went off about how she was positive that her daughters were way bigger fans than we were and started going on about how rude we were again until Cara piped up and said, "We're done." But that didn't stop her and she went off some more. So Cara said, "We're done!" again but still didn't stop her. So Cara said, "WE ARE DONE!!!..." for the 3rd time and we all stopped acknowledging her until she finally walked off in a huff. WOW- PEOPLE ARE CRAZY (and Twighlight freaks more so)!!! First of all it wasn't even us who talked to her daughters, and secondly- how did she think it was okay for her to ASSUME that her daughters were bigger fans than we were, but she thought it was so rude that we would ASSUME that her daughers would talk during the movie?! She's lucky she left when she did because if she wouldn't have stopped after that third time I was getting ready to to bring up that exact argument and maybe add that apparently it was past her daughters' bed time and she obviously couldn't handle it either. JEEZ PEOPLE, IT IS JUST A MOVIE!!!! (and dare I say a lame one at that. It's entertaining, but not life changing. Give me a break and get a life woman). We all had a good laugh about it, and enjoyed the rest of our evening none-the-less. This movie was the best one so far, so for anyone out there wondering if it is as lame as the first- it isn't and you just might like it! I'd see it again- just not at midnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment