Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bragging Rights

By being a sister you earn the rights to brag on behalf of your siblings. Well today I would like to brag about my sister, Kristin, and her awesome cake making skills. After my sister, Stacy, got married a friend of ours saw a picture of the cake we did for her. So she asked Kristin if she would make hers. This is only the second wedding cake Kristin has ever done and look how amazing it turned out! So if anyone you know is looking for a sweet cake decorator, you know who to get a hold of.
My dad has become Kristin's assistant when it comes to spraying the cakes. It's entertaining to watch him spray. He is almost a worse perfectionist than me!
Middle layer spray-down complete
The finished product!
I posted a few pictures of the reception. I loved the idea they had for center pieces, and I LOVED the candy bar. They also had a popcorn station (and if any of you know me, both candy and popcorn are my two most favorite things, so I was in heaven!) It was pretty much my reception dreamland. If I were to ever have a reception, that's how I would want mine. Oh, they also had a photo booth there so you could get 4 pics taken and attach your picture to the note you wrote the couple, plus a copy for yourself- genius idea!

(Notice the candy in the glasses)


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Kristin is AMAZING! I didn't even know they sprayed cakes! I love that your Dad get's into the fun of cake decorating with the sprayer!! Love it! Great Job on both the cakes you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry...i didn't mean to let any cats out of the bag by that last comment! you can erase if ya want. if it is true...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! What fun colors for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete