I realize this post is a bit late, but this past month has been pretty busy.
Valentine's Day in the past has probably been the holiday I celebrate the least, or get excited about the least anyway. But the past two years I have tried to change my attitude a bit. I like to get a few cards and send anonymous Valentine's to people that I think may not get one. This year along with cards I decided to do two special ones. Both were my friends and both have been struggling with different aspects in their lives and figured they could use a little sugar-lovin (I know I always do). I mainly posted this to remind me of a CHEAP and good gift idea for the future, and maybe if there is anyone reading this may find it a good idea for next year!
I went to the dollar store and found these plastic red baskets to hold all the candy, and I also got the balloons there. Then I bought valentines candy from walmart, and got tissue paper to doll it up a little. Slap in a card with it and WALLA!...you have yourself a pretty cute (if I do say so myself) and inexpensive Valentine's gift! So if you are ever out of ideas, hit up the Dollar store!
This was my date on Valentine's Day. The fire place. I was home alone while the rest of my family were out and about doing who knows what. I sat by the fire in the dark and took in some quiet alone time. How romantic does it get folks??! Jealous much? haha, well it may not be the ideal Valentine's celebration, but hopefully in the future I'll have more exciting ones to post. Until then I guess....... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment