Sunday, March 13, 2011
Armpit Cancer
What is that lump you say? For those of you who don't know, I have been getting laser hair removal. One of the areas of interest are my armpits. My last treatment in my left armpit was excruciating! Usually I let them go over it twice, but I was shaking and sweating only halfway through the first round. Doctors, nurses, and even these estheticians have told me before that I have a high tolerance for pain. Well this time around I didn't know if I was going to be able to get through it. But I thankfully sucked it up and let them finish my armpit. But by the time I got home I had a huge, solid, lump in my armpit. It wasn't liquid-filled or soft, there is some kind of mass under there (as you can see!). I waited a week and a half and it wasn't going away so I called the doctor that runs the hair removal. He only looked at it for 10 seconds and says he wants to see it in a month, and not to get more treatments until he can look at it again. Really??! a MONTH?!! Well hopefully it isn't Lymphoma. For now my family calls it armpit cancer. haha, Rest assured it has gone down a bit, but the pain goes all the way down to my elbow now. Isn't that weird? Just barely brushing over my armpit all the way to my elbow makes it really sensitive. Who knows, maybe others out there who have had such treatments have experienced this before? And maybe my line of work, working with cancer patients, makes me more paranoid. Anyway, this has turned into quite a long post for such an un-exciting thing. Isn't that the "pits"? Pun intended :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wowza! That looks painful. I can only imagine how fun it is to put deodorant on every morning.
ReplyDeleteI am with you though, sometimes knowing too much makes you think you have everything.
You are a brave girly to get laser hair removal! I agree with Linz, Wowza! I hope it goes down and doesn't give you grief!
ReplyDelete