
This may sound really cheesy of me, but every morning I pray for a service opportunity. Some days I ask to be inspired on a specific person, others just for the opportunity. Well, this particular morning I just asked for the opportunity. As I got off of work, I decided to go fill up my car. While my car was filling up I was sitting in my car I heard a knock on my window. There was a young man (about my age, maybe a little older). He was holding a Chevron gift card in his hand and offered to sell it for $8.00 when it was actually worth $10.00, giving me a $2.00 discount. He then shared with me his situation where he needed the cash to get some food for himself and his little daughter (he recently got full custody of). He said I would be doing a huge favor in helping him make it to his final destination, Logan. To be honest I was a little hesitant because you hear of scams like this all the time. However, my morning prayer came to mind and I thought this could be my "opportunity." Either way, I wasn't going to let a little bit of money stand in the way of giving me the chance to blow it (I can use all the help I can get with brownie points with the Man upstairs). Anyway, I handed him $15 instead cause that was all the cash I had. When I told friends and family about what had just happened they all told me I was totally scammed. HOWEVER, I am happy to announce that today when I was filling up my card again there really was $10 on the card. So I just want to let all the pessimists who told me I was scammed know that not all people are bad, there is still good in the world! :) How refreshing!
This is awesome! Thanks for the inspiring story :) I do the same thing, but since I work from home, it's a little harder for me to get out and meet people. I'll have to find more ways to get out of my comfort zone.
ReplyDeleteI must say that I am inspired that you pray daily for service opportunities. That is really amazing. I am also happy to hear that there are still good people mixed in with the scam artists that abound!
ReplyDeleteHeidi! Your blog looks great! Hope all is well with you. Keep on giving that service of yours! (and don't forget to listen to some Rascal Flats every now and then!)
ReplyDelete