Saturday, September 4, 2010

Butterfinger Cupcakes!


My mom asked me to make cupcakes for my cousins homecoming because she was going to be gone for the evening and wouldn't have time. They took me a while since I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to spreading the frosting evenly and making sure each cupcake has the same amount of topping etc. Anyway, they were really yummy (if you like Butterfinger candybars) and easy to make. There's crunched up candy bar in the cake mix and then more on top. I added to it by putting 1/3 of a fun-sized butterfinger on top (kinda like a cherry-except yummier) :) If you're interested in the recipe here ya go:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C. oil
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups crushed Butterfinger candy bar

Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Add 1 cup crushed candy to batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and cool completely.

Frost (I just bought the already made Butter Cream 'whipped' frosting- come on, its all about the "semi-home made" haha) and top with remaining crushed candy bars.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious!! I'm definitely going to have to try them out.

    ReplyDelete