Thursday, April 29, 2010

Let them eat cake


Being the perfect mom that Cara is and always tries to be, she took it upon herself to make 5 different cakes for her son, Tucker, who wanted an 'Avatar' themed birthday party. Not from the new Avatar movie, but from the Television show. Cara wanted a cake for each major 'bending' power (for anyone familiar with the show...) with the different symbols from the show including: Wind, Earth, Fire, and Water. Then she wanted just the face of the famous Avatar character- Aang (the 'air-bender'). She was really stressed out about having to do all of this, so I offered my help (don't know how much help I ended up being). So Cara was in charge of making and frosting the cakes, and I was in charge of decorating the tops of the cakes with the different symbols and characters from the show. It took quite a while, but I think the end results were worth the work.

Here we are being official with Cara sportin the apron and me with the "hair net" (close enough, and yes that is an old school bandana...don't worry- I'm bringin' it back:) )


One cake down, 4 to go....



The Final Five!






A little up close shot of each, you can click on this collage to enlarge. These cakes were seriously cooler in person! Pictures don't do it justice



They were a big hit at his "Karate" party


Cuttin' the cake


This made me want to start baking and decorating more, in some weird way it was a nice stress relief for me. But I guess that is the case for me if I'm drawing or doodling on anything!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Those cakes look awesome! Way to go Heid! I needed you around for Sadie's birthday cakes!

    ReplyDelete